Monday, December 6, 2010

Reflection Wk 4

There are many roles in my education as an adult learner. I have a lot of responsibility as a learner such as making sure that I am being taught the right material, and learning material that meets my needs. I go to school so that I can learn about the basic skills in life such as Reading, English and Math. Making sure that a teacher not only teaches the right material but, explain it and make sure that students understand. Having the class participate in discusssions can help people to feel comfortable in a classroom. I have experienced that first hand when one of my teachers asked the class to discuss what they thought in groups. Then we went over the material in class. Teachers should ask for feedback on their teaching because it can help them improve in areas they lack in. When a teacher has rules or guidelines for the class it is my responsibility to make sure that it is current. I am supposed to check for any materials, such as books that I will need for the current class.  In class self assessments are useful because it helps me to know what areas are my strengths and what needs to be improved. As an adult learner it is my responsibility to make sure that I am learning effictively. How can I know if my learning is effective? Having a understanding of the material taught. If I have any questions I am able to ask a teacher and not feel any type of penality of it.