Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reflection Wk 2

Studying the vocabulary has been better for me since I've learned vocabulary stategies such as Graffiti, Subjective Approach to Vocabulary (SAV),and Semantic cards. The semantic cards have been useful for me because I learned the word and I was able to define it by memory.Another thing that helped me was finding the context clues with ufamiliar words that I have never heard of before because I do not have to look in the book to find out the word. I can figure out the meaning by the context clues within the sentence or paragraph. Studying vocabulary is something that I did not like doing before, I would only study the words when I had a test or quiz comming up. Most of those words I learned in my other classes have gone out the window, but not completly. When I was having a converstaion with one of my friends from High school, I heard her say a word that seemed familiar. The word was gullible, it was funny because I said to myself "I know I heard that word somewhere", it was one of my vocab words. Vocabulary is an important thing to know because you do not want to sound dumb when you are having a conversation with other people. Since I have learned different techniques on how to study and remember vocabulary words, I will use them when I need to learn a new word. Everyday you can learn something new it could be a new vocabulary word or something someone tells you.